(vasep.com.vn) On October 11, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development sent an official letter to the Chairman of the People’s Committee of Mekong Delta Pangasius provinces to strengthen the direction of pangasius production in the last months of 2018. In particular, MARD suggested the Chairman of the provincial People’s Committees encourage businesses in the province to invest resources in research and production of high quality tra catfish; Well implementing the 3-level pangasius breeding program approved by MARD.
The official letter stated that in the first months of 2018, the catfish industry must meet some difficulties such as: quality and price of fry is not stable, people spontaneous training outside the planning, the pressure of the program catfish inspection of the United States … However, with the efforts of the people, business and close direction of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the drastic action of the leadership of the Committee People in the province / city, these problems have been resolved in time, the industry has maintained high growth. As of 30/9/2018, the total farming area is 4,471 ha (up 10% over the same period of 2017), the total harvest is 942,400 tons (up 9.3% over the same period in 2017) Export value reached 1.68 billion USD (up 29.2% over the same period of 2017).
At present, the world market situation is evolving rapidly in favor of exporting pangasius. On September 14, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has released a draft equivalency certificate for Vietnam for public comment before its official recognition. On September 10, the United States Department of Commerce (DOC) issued a preliminary ruling on anti-dumping duty 14 (POR14) for the period from August 1, 2016 to July 31, Vietnam’s tra and basa products are US $ 0.0-2.39 per kilogram compared to US $ 0.69-7.74 per POR13; Chinese market remains high growth rate; EU markets have turned positive growth since July 2018. These factors have created a positive effect to promote the price of raw fish fille and fille price increased highest ever.
Facing the above situation, in order to take advantage of favorable market opportunities, maintain product quality, protect the Pangasius brand in Vietnam and minimize the technical barriers, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development The Chairman of the People’s Committee of Cuu Long River Delta Pangasius People’s Committee paid attention to instruct the professional agencies to immediately implement some contents:
(1) To strictly implement the guidance of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development in Document No. 2995 / BNN-TCTS dated 19/4/2018, Document No. 3445 / BNN-TCTS dated May 1 st, 2018 on strengthening the direction and management in pangasius production; Announcement No. 2518 / TB-BNN-VP dated 02/4/2018, Announcement No. 7077 / TB-BNN-VP dated 12/9/2018 on conclusions of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development in Pangasius Conferences in 2018.
(2) Focus on the following key issues:
– To strictly control the production conditions and quality of pangasius products according to the provisions of the Government’s Decree No. 55/2017 / ND-CP dated May 09, 1977 on management of pangasius farming, processing and export; At the same time, encourage people and businesses to invest and develop Pangasius farming in the direction of linking the value chain to stabilize production.
– Strict control of input quality and seed quality. Absolutely no use of prohibited substances in the production and processing of catfish.
– Encourage businesses in the province to invest resources in research and production of high quality tra catfish; At the same time, the implementation of the 3-level Pangasius Breeding Project has been approved by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
– To well manage the production, processing and traceability activities according to regulations; continue to develop the market, build brand products; Strictly handle violations in processing or export according to the provisions of law.
- A gradual rise in An Giang’s pangasius export, pangaius in Vietnam meets international export demand
- Vietnam’s pangasius exports to the EU increased by 31.5% and EVFTA opened up new opportunities
- Free Trade Agreement Between Vietnam And EU, Creating Opportunities For Export Of Seafood
- Summary Of Pangasius Exports In The First 8 Months Of 2018
- Discussion – Difficult – Due To Resolution